Superhero Silas! Although Stephen has been told that he looks like Superman (aka Clark Kent), the superhero featured here is Silas Clark (who turns 5 months today). Silas’s superpower is making things moist. It’s incredible the way he can dampen anything within his reach. He’s doing his part to irrigate the desert.
- eating oatmeal from a spoon
- starting to hold himself up
- focusing on people from across the room
- chewing his feet
- spitting as a form of communication
- rolling from his back to his side
- rolling from his tummy to his back
- opening his mouth when he sees a bottle coming
- sleeping in his crib
- rubbing his eyes when tired
- holding toys (and moistening them!)
Often Stephen or I will catch Silas staring at us from across the room. When we finally do look at him, he beams from ear to ear. Now I know what the cliché “I feel like a million bucks” means. Superhero Silas makes us feel just that way!