October 17th is the Sweetest Day this year. Really, it is! I didn’t know the Sweetest Day was a holiday until one of my high school teachers chose to get married on the Sweetest Day many Octobers ago.
In honor of this day, I decided to put together a list of some of the things that make my life sweeter.
- Knowing God always keeps His promises
- Stephen’s unconditional love for me
- Snail mail from a loved one in my mail box
- Unexpected texts from my cousin Laura
- Mochas from McCafe
- Sunny days (now I have them all the time in Phoenix!)
- Living with a man who understands me
- Happy memories
- Heart to heart talks with Rebekah
- Soft piano music
- Dark chocolate
- Words of encouragement from my new friend Jen
- Living in the realization that Jesus took my place on the cross
- A good laugh with Tara
- Date nights
- Performing arts
- Ethnic restaurants
- Book club (maybe I’ll have to start my own here in AZ)
Of course, I could go on, but for now that’s enough to put a smile in my heart. Sweet!