community, employment, faith, food, friends, grade school, hinson, holidays, imagination, just life, oregon, stephen

Around Here

Between two birthdays and Thanksgiving all in the same month, Novembers are busy with celebrations around here. Because we’ve settled into life here in Oregon, our family calendar was a lot fuller this past month. I volunteered in Silas’s classroom twice and hope to do it more. His teacher’s love for her students and love… Read More Around Here

arizona attractions, community, employment, food, friends, house, just life, oregon

P is for…

Peeps These are my peeps. My people. My marshmallowy sweet, squishably loveable (and often sticky) people. My peeps. Pete’s Fish & Chips Rachel was our tour guide for our first visit to Pete’s Fish & Chips in nearby Tolleson. Apparently the restaurant and downtown Tolleson had recently been given a facelift. It was super cute! Pete’s is somewhat… Read More P is for…

community, education

Firehouse Tour

Goodyear Fire Station #181 gave our MOMS club a tour of their facility last month. Their station was decorated with all sorts of firefighting gear, decor, and even burned household items serving as a sobering reminder of the realities of a house fire. I was impressed with the public education “Fire Pal” as she related… Read More Firehouse Tour